Search

June 4th - NEWS FLASH ON MIRROR LAKE SCENIC BYWAY and WOLFCREEK PASS

For the "HOW I DO A 3 DAY BACKPACK..." scroll down

 THESE TWO KEY HIGH UINTA HIGHWAYS ARE NOW OPEN June 5th :
SR 150 Mirror Lake Highway OPEN Kamas to Wyoming Border – Milepost 14.6 to 48 and
SR 35 Wolf Creek Pass OPEN Francis to Hanna – Milepost 12 to 37


Saturday, June 5th:  After KSL OUTDOORS RADIO this morning I drove up the Mirror Lake Scenic Byway (SR 150) to Bald Pass and on to Hayden Pass and the entrance to the Highline Trail.  It was a beautiful day with the thaw on, but plenty of snow left as you can see in the photos below:  

 




2 comments:

  1. Cordell,

    I heard your call-in on Saturday and was excited to hear of your planned adventures into the Unitas this summer.

    I have been surfing your site the last week and you have had some incredible experiences, caught some great trout, and captured some beautiful pictures.

    I am a scoutmaster in Kaysville and my boys decided this year that they wanted to do a backpacking summer camp instead of the traditional camp. I and the other leaders are avid backpackers and have explored various parts of the Unitas. (Kings, Red Castle, Naturalist Basin) I was wondering if you could give some recommendations of areas to go. We plan to have a group of 10 maybe 11. I know it is large group for this tender area. (6-7 boys 4 adults) We would like to do either a loop or in one end and out the other. We have talked of: Grandaddy basin to Naturalist basin and then out to the mirror lake highway.

    Thank you for your drive and desire for discovery.
    Bryce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Bryce for not understanding the system and noticing your comment and replying. I guess it's too late for this summer to give any recommendations, but if I can help for next summer let me know. CORDELL

    ReplyDelete