Search

The HIGHLINE TRAIL...."NOT GIVING UP....EASILY!" First to JEFF LAKE.....

Click below or Scroll Down for PREVIOUS POST
**********************
MAYBE...STILL?
 ¡ THE HIGHLINE TRAIL!
NOTE:  Gordon Hirschi & the Uintah Basin Back Country Horsemen have contacted me about their incredible efforts  to clear the trail from Leidy Peak to Hwy. 191, including improving the signs, which has been so encouraging that I'm seriously re-considering doing the Highline Trail. As soon as I have their permission I'll post here their letter to me.
***************
"Not Giving up....easily" 
With a backpack planned for August 10-13 again to the GRANDADDIES, this time with my buddy Ted Packard, and son Mike.  My objective to clean-up my previous failure and ..........FIND & EXPLORE
JEFF LAKE
No SPOT Tracker this time, but will have sat phone from SKYCALL SATELLITE  & report to KSL OUTOORS RADIO on Saturday August 12th.
This will be the final test to determine whether I do the HIGHLINE TRAIL from August 16-31
***********
To put this into perspective, I quote below the last segment of my previous photo/essay reporting.....
....the discovery of RANGE LAKE
we see below:

The backpack was not easy like it once was, and except for all the wonderful people I met and talked to, the experience wasn't fun like it used to be...
......BUT MAKE NO MISTAKE...I DID DO IT ACTUALLY IN 3 DAYS RATHER THAN 4, so, physically I can still do it....
..... but  I have had to make some serious decisions....since.....
"'I'M NOT COMPLETELY STUPID!"
My decision is to now focus more on completing the
GOLDEN ANNIVERSARY of the Guatemalan Foundation 
and retire that mission at the end of August, and...
.... from now on begin putting this whole project together in the 
"REPORTING" phase I vowed to do in my youth.
**********************************
I won't stop backpacking, as to do so would "have me grow old" which I'm not ready for yet....so there will be an occasional backpack--even this year in August when the mosquitoes are gone, but not the heavy duty schedule I have announced for 2017.
 I will persist working out daily and keep moving....and even work on preparing to run one more time in 
May 2018 the

International Half Marathon in Coban, Guatemala.
************************
I WILL BE IN TOUCH & CONTINUE TO POST HIGH UINTAS INFORMATION & EVEN REPORTS ON OTHER'S EFFORTS.
I'll  inform all when the Project is ready for publication.
Thanks for everything....love you all and have you in my prayers!
***************************

No comments:

Post a Comment