Search

SAVED THE WORLD....COULDN'T SAVE MYSELF!

EXERCISE WITH PURPOSE

For my 79th year, backpacking in the High Uintas  requires good physical conditioning.  Seasoned hikers like me have to work hard at getting in good enough shape to do it, and then we have to be careful to not lose it--which happens quickly if we don't work at it.  In my case I find that means EVERY DAY as you see me doing here, with a pack on my back full of rocks, and double quarts of water.  It was 45 lbs. during January, then up to 50 lbs. for February, and  March exactly 56 lbs.  For April it is now  60 lbs.  Most days it's just around a big block, but every other day longer, like going to the Fresh Market for groceries, or to the Post Office.
 To avoid loosing my footing and falling into a ravine, you also need good balance.  So every other day I walk the rails some, working at being able to do a good distance without falling as I could as a yougster--when I could also even jump back and forth without falling.  I won't go that far with a pack, but I am working on my balance too, near where my Cabin A trailer is parked in American Fork, Utah.
 I backpack with purposes that make it interesting and a lot less painful, like:  Always having a sharp eye out for wildflowers, mushrooms, animals, birds, what I call "textures of nature," or  even.....Big Foot....do you see him in the shot below?
You'll notice it was a bit dark....like as though I was seeing him in a dream when resting and dozing off on the trail.......
......but also noticing carefully the difference between  good mushrooms, and deadly poisonous ones, like Gray Panther we see above.......
 and recording them with my camera to enjoy forever, and be able to SHARE  with all of you.
Likewise I exercise with purposes too, one of which is to pick up things that might cause one of you to have a flat tire...I'm trying to be "MY BROTHER'S KEEPER!"  So below you see me bending over to pick up something that could do someone a lot of damage--with the benefit to me of doing MANY BENDING EXERCISES!
 In this case it happens to be part of a broken bottle that could not only give someone a flat tire, but totally ruin the tire....so I pick it up to add to my collection.
My "Winter collection" is more than 10 lbs. of all kinds of stuff, 
Much of this could puncture or ruins tires of my American Fork neighbors. 
While I have benefited by maintaining my strength,  
HOW MANY HAVE I SAVED?  HOW MANY BENEFICIAL BENDING EXERCISES?

Also many coins--some very old.  I've got to clean them one of these days.
At 16 years old I had a dream that I would be dedicating all my "riches" to helping some needy people.  Will the "RICHES" come from one of these coins? 
By now you might be thinking like many who see me hiking around town with a pack on my back, stop and offer me handouts, or offer me a ride.  I joke with them about not being a "weird old guy" .....
.......rather, exaggerating a lot, saying  "I'm an eccentric millionaire!"
Now the dirty little secret is out that likely I'm the one who needs to somehow become .......a millionaire!
Among the collection are also a few square nails.......very old, like used by the early 1867-1880 Tie Hackers.
SO, I SAVED THE WORLD
 (of American Fork) 
by helping many avoid a flat or ruined tire!
........but, among them is one that is separate...down to the left  as I missed it!


I forgot to take a picture of the flat tire, so this one was photo-shopped to show I SAVED EVERYONE ELSE, BUT COULDN'T SAVE MYSELF! 
So, off to the repair shop...........

........and WOW, how they took care of me!


I SAVED THE WORLD,  but NOT BEING ABLE TO SAVE MYSELF I NEEDED
THE TIRE FACTORY
So, in American Fork, go to Zack, Quin and the shop at: 
 109 East 100 North

Hey you guys.....since I apparently can't SAVE MYSELF, don't throw screws or nails onto the street, and if you see any, PLEASE PICK THEM UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment