Search

HELP FOR THE HIGHLINE TRAIL....FOR WHICH WE ARE PROFOUNDLY GRATEUL!

Scroll down or Click to  return to PREVIOUS POST
****************************
INCREDIBLE HELP FOR THE 
HIGHLINE TRAIL
Following is a wonderful letter from Gordon Hirschi &
The Uinta Basin Back Country Horsemen

From: Gordon Hirschi <braveheartsavenger@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 29, 2017 1:57 PM
To: cordellandersen@hotmail.com
Subject: Highline Trail

Hello Mr. Andersen,
My name Gordon Hirschi I am president of Uinta Basin Back Country Horsemen.

The first year I was voted in as president I talked our group into adopting Trail  025 Highline Trail. I knew it was in bad shape and had not been completely cleared in 15 years when  I googled this trail it recommended the east start stop point as Leidy Peak Trail Head. Three years later we had  marked and cleared this trail from Hwy 191 to Leidy Peak Trail Head. We have also taken on Don Hatch Memorial Trail, Manila Park Trail, and Trout Creek Trail.

Ashley National Forest notified me that you were going to hike across The Highline Trail this summer. I told them that we had cleared it last summer but with the snow load from last winter and this years spring high winds that we needed to gather some back country horsemen and at least remove any trees that are blocking this trail. We started clearing trails about one month ago starting at forest road 021 and Highline Trail I was told Vernal Ranger District Trail Crew had already cleared from Hwy 191 to forest road 02. We have cleared this trail to Summit Park and will have it cleared to Leidy Peak Trail Head by Tuesday Morning. I spoke with some hikers near Lost Park which told me there were some recent blow downs near East Park and we will catch these on our way out.

Now that we have cleared these trails we are working on better signage one of which is Hwy 191 Trail Head.

I hope you have a great trip and we appreciate the credit you have given our chapter on your website. We also maintain a facebook presence at https://www.facebook.com/UBBCH/
Uintah Basin Back Country Horsemen, Vernal, Utah. 501 likes · 39 talking about this. We are a horsemen's group dedicated to keeping public lands and...




*************************************







No comments:

Post a Comment